Flight schools training with diamond fleet

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Mjwatlanta
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N161DA
Airports: Kfty

Re: Flight schools training with diamond fleet

Post by Mjwatlanta »

I got my PP in 1979 while in college. $20.00 an hour. Last used it 1981. Law school. Kids. Tuition. More tuition. Then more tuition followed by weddings. Four girls. Decided to fly again and was shocked to discover that the 152 and 172 I flew 41 years ago are still the go to trainers. No way would I drive my college car from 1979, so I did some research and discovered that there are modem airplanes. Diamond. But it took even more to find a school. I’m in Atlanta, home of a zillion pilots. But no really local school with Diamond airplanes. So I drive about an hour to Winder. Kwdr. Dragonfly aviation. https://www.dragonflyav.com/ Da 20s, 40s and a 42VI. (Not that I’m ready, but $3,500 for twin rating seems like a good deal.) So far so good. Aiming towards instrument rating. Not like riding a bike but I’m making progress and feel like I’ve landed on a good choice.
Lou
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Louis
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: CGXLO
Airports: CZVL

Post by Lou »

“… Law school. Kids. Tuition. More tuition. Then more tuition followed by weddings. Four girls. Decided to fly…”

Could have written the same thing, except the plane came before the weddings. :D
Greg64E
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Gregory
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N480TS
Airports: Ksav

Post by Greg64E »

FlyCorps at KSAV has two Diamonds. VA approved 141 school.
www.flycorps.com
KJH
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kevin
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: NANA
Airports: LESU

Post by KJH »

Mjwatlanta wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:10 am I got my PP in 1979 while in college. $20.00 an hour. Last used it 1981. Law school. Kids. Tuition. More tuition. Then more tuition followed by weddings. Four girls. Decided to fly again and was shocked to discover that the 152 and 172 I flew 41 years ago are still the go to trainers. No way would I drive my college car from 1979, so I did some research and discovered that there are modem airplanes. Diamond. But it took even more to find a school. I’m in Atlanta, home of a zillion pilots. But no really local school with Diamond airplanes. So I drive about an hour to Winder. Kwdr. Dragonfly aviation. https://www.dragonflyav.com/ Da 20s, 40s and a 42VI. (Not that I’m ready, but $3,500 for twin rating seems like a good deal.) So far so good. Aiming towards instrument rating. Not like riding a bike but I’m making progress and feel like I’ve landed on a good choice.
Similar story except my interruption was a Type 1 diabetes diagnosis and loss of medical (CAA not FAA hence slower), which I hope to recover in 2023.

Hoping to get back to current and ME-IR by sometime in 2023.