California to Carolina - Part 4: Back to California

Your trip reports, airport experiences, etc. are welcome here.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

California to Carolina - Part 4: Back to California

Post by waynemcc999 »

We’ve had a great flying adventure so far… let’s see if we can get home today. Welcome aboard! Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot
dmloftus
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Registration: N868US
Airports: KLZU

Re: California to Carolina - Part 4: Back to California

Post by dmloftus »

Nice job Wayne. Curious if you have any tricks to time-align multiple angles in your video editor? Looks like you repeatedly turn on and off the
cameras over an extended flight. Always a bit tricky getting the multiple views to sync up for voice. I usually just clap my hands a couple of times each time I turn the cockpit cameras on so that I have a video reference with which to sync them. Unfortunately, that does not work for syncing up external cameras on my wing and tail. So I just guesstimate on those.
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

Re: California to Carolina - Part 4: Back to California

Post by waynemcc999 »

dmloftus wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:45 am Nice job Wayne. Curious if you have any tricks to time-align multiple angles in your video editor? Looks like you repeatedly turn on and off the
cameras over an extended flight. Always a bit tricky getting the multiple views to sync up for voice. I usually just clap my hands a couple of times each time I turn the cockpit cameras on so that I have a video reference with which to sync them. Unfortunately, that does not work for syncing up external cameras on my wing and tail. So I just guesstimate on those.
Thanks, David. I do have a Go Pro Smart Remote that starts/stops the cameras with one click... but it doesn't do a great job (can easily be off a handful of frames), so I still have to (assuming I remember) do the clap to be able to create a sync-able moment. But the remote may be good enough for an outside camera where you're not likely to need lip sync... although I've no idea what kind of range the remote has.
Let me know if you find better ways :shock: .
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot