5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Re: Customer Survey - Diamond Aircraft 2022

Post by Rich »

In my reply in the last "general" suggestion I included that Diamond should have an ongoing position/department to track current owners. This would be a challenge to keep this data up to date. Accepting updates from new/existing owners and consolidating into a single database for all mailings would be better than what we have now. The dealer network approach simply doesn't work for a number of reasons. The various aircraft registries would seem tempting, but those also have weaknesses and are not data-complete, anyway.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

What's strange is that many of us who get regular emails from Diamond, either Service Bulletins, or their monthly "Diamond Airmail" marketing newsletter -- which means that Diamond knows our email address -- did NOT get notified about the customer survey.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
Chris
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Chris
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N449TS
Airports: KHIO

Post by Chris »

My theory is that those channels are much broader than just private Diamond owners, which I think is the target of the survey. So while they certainly have your email address on their mailing lists for those purposes, they aren't able to filter those lists down to just private owners. So they are currently relying on their sales channel to maintain that information (for better or worse).
Chris
N449TS / DA42-NG / 42.AC049
KHIO
haykinson
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: ilya
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N724LA
Airports: KSMO

Post by haykinson »

It would be truly hilarious if this survey was actually done by Cirrus, as a way of getting great feedback from the least satisfied Diamond owners…

But in more seriousness, on the Austro call, they said something to the effect that European data protection regulations make it difficult for them to contact customers or keep their info. I cannot truly believe that this is the reason (EU data protection laws are strict, but they mainly are about consent I would imagine, and consent can be given during delivery for example, or it can be acquired by snail mailing everyone using the public ownership databases), but I got he sense they were blaming that.
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

The consent was also collected within previous survey.