NXi and airways

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Steve77
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Stephen
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: VHYRI
Airports: YSBK

Re: NXi and airways

Post by Steve77 »

Does it happen for every airway every time or only sometimes? I’ve just started flying diamonds. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Steve77 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:46 pm Does it happen for every airway every time or only sometimes? I’ve just started flying diamonds. Thanks
Always. The expand airways just doesn’t work correctly.
Steve77
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Stephen
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: VHYRI
Airports: YSBK

Post by Steve77 »

Ok thanks. That’s very frustrating as I often use the intermediate waypoints for VNAV, etc. last question - have you tried uploading the flight plan via Garmin Pilot / connext? Does it still not show intermediate waypoints?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Steve77 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:44 am Ok thanks. That’s very frustrating as I often use the intermediate waypoints for VNAV, etc. last question - have you tried uploading the flight plan via Garmin Pilot / connext? Does it still not show intermediate waypoints?
No, I use Foreflight. But I have used the "expand" feature in Foreflight and then uploaded the waypoints rather than the airway.

Switching to the IFR Low chart on the panel can be useful.
Decibel
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Bruce
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: CGMRW
Airports: CYMX

Post by Decibel »

Boatguy wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:21 pm The official reply from Garmin:

I have heard back from the project manager for your NXi platform. They confirmed this is as designed with the way that Diamond certified the software. The integrated flight decks (G1000, G3000, G5000) are made by Garmin, but the OEMs can adjust options/features as desired. And Diamond confirms that this was how they certified the software for the unit. The simulator is showing you the way that a number of the other NXi platforms allow the victor airways to be expanded.

But I can say that Diamond is very receptive to Pilot feedback. I recommend speaking with their Piston representative and discussing how you would like the Diamond NXi to have a more common Airway expansion options.

Can anyone else with NXi and/or with NXi Phase confirm that they are unable to expand airways?

Thanks, Russ
Hi Russ I surprised that your answer from Garmin. It's seem to be like that on all theirs GPS units. It was one of the reason we moved to Avidyne on our machine