4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Marlon
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N272DD
Airports: KHWD

DA62 fatal in Brazil, EFATO

Post by mfdutra »

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/308825

PR-VSJ, serial number 62.041, crashed in Brazil yesterday, following an engine failure after takeoff from the city of Goiânia.

Two pilots onboard. The pilot on the right side died today.

I'm originally from Brazil myself and I've been talking to the pilot community there. This airplane had been having governor issues. Rumor on the street is that one of the props suffered an overspeed after takeoff. Let's see what the investigation says.

This is the very first DA62 fatal where the airplane seems to have been a contributing factor. The other one in Dubai was a wake turbulence behind an A350, where the pilots ignored the tower caution.
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Re: DA62 fatal in Brazil, EFATO

Post by ememic99 »

mfdutra wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:21 pm The other one in Dubai was a wake turbulence behind an A350, where the pilots ignored the tower caution.
That simply isn't true. Even the final report that puts some blame to the pilot for reducing self-separation, doesn't mention ignoring tower caution because there wasn't one. The warning hasn't been issued so the pilot didn't ignore it.

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/225159

This is the quote from report: "The air traffic controller providing the control service during the first five approaches issued air traffic information and essential local air traffic information to all air traffic, including issuing cautionary warnings of possible wake turbulence from heavier air traffic on approach to runway 30R. After the hand-over the second controller continued to issue air traffic information and essential local air traffic information to all air traffic. However, cautionary warnings of possible wake turbulence encounters were no longer provided."
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Thank you for reporting this accident. Our sympathies go out to the pilots and their families.

Please let us know if you're able to learn more about the background of the flight, engine failure and subsequent crash.
mfdutra
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Marlon
Aircraft Registration: N272DD
Airports: KHWD

Post by mfdutra »

ememic99 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:19 pm Even the final report that puts some blame to the pilot for reducing self-separation, doesn't mention ignoring tower caution because there wasn't one. The warning hasn't been issued so the pilot didn't ignore it.
Oh I didn't know that. I stand corrected then.