2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Curtis
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62XZ
Airports: KPAE

Re: DA62 Rear Seats

Post by foehammer »

Total conjecture on my part, but I could see the 'business configuration' seats being available in the U.S. as a result of Air Bear getting FAA STC approval for the DA62-MPP, which has the 2-seat second row (STC 62-002). It would also give a reason why the 2nd row is back 7cm, which in the MPP seems to be for making access to monitors/screens more comfortable.

https://airbear.aero/da62-mpp-receives- ... approvals/
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Post by photoSteveZ »

foehammer wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:30 pm Total conjecture on my part, but I could see the 'business configuration' seats being available in the U.S. as a result of Air Bear getting FAA STC approval for the DA62-MPP, which has the 2-seat second row (STC 62-002). It would also give a reason why the 2nd row is back 7cm, which in the MPP seems to be for making access to monitors/screens more comfortable.

https://airbear.aero/da62-mpp-receives- ... approvals/
That’s an interesting point: there is already so much 2nd row legroom with the standard 3-seat bench that it’s hard to see why they would feel the need to add 7cm more, at the expense of baggage/3rd row space. Particularly since the spar carry-through will protrude into the calves of shorter people sitting in the business configuration 2nd row.
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by photoSteveZ »

Boatguy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:03 am
photoSteveZ wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:27 am
foehammer wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:29 pm Latest design brochure is showing the business seating 2-seat 2nd row as an option on pg 39 and even gives measurements for a 6-seat configuration on page 40. Looks like it got approved?
https://www.diamondaircraft.com/fileadm ... SCREEN.pdf
Also, it looks awesome.
Last week I got a chance to fly in the Diamond Austria factory DA62 demonstrator fitted with the 2-seat second row ‘business configuration’ seats. The seats are said to be identical to the pilot/copilot seats, with a fixed console between them. These seats do recline, and they are mounted to the spar carry through 7cm further aft than the standard 3-seat bench. Very comfortable, very roomy. Note that you lose that same 7cm in reduced legroom for the third row, if installed.
Sounds great! Did they mention why they are not available in the U.S.? Are they available in Europe?

I don’t have any further info on these questions.
WildUnicorn
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Jaydon
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N742DS
Airports: KLGU

Post by WildUnicorn »

As far as I can tell, there is an FAA approved version of the 62-002 STC. It directly references back to the EASA version, so I don’t see a reason Diamond wouldn’t sell the 4/6 seat version in the USA.

FAA DRS: STC SA03013CE
https://drs.faa.gov/browse/excelExterna ... 09F02.0001
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member

Post by photoSteveZ »

The 2nd row business configuration appears as an option in the latest DA62 interior and exterior design brochure.
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

photoSteveZ wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:49 am The 2nd row business configuration appears as an option in the latest DA62 interior and exterior design brochure.
I saw that as well! If available when coming around to my order, I think I will do the 6 seat option!
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

There is no six seat option as I understand it. The business configuration seats allow for recline and are also mounted in such a way that they offer more legroom than the standard bench. These factors apparently combine to impact egress from the rear seats so you can't have both the rear seats and the business config middle seats. I could be wrong but I think the actual options are 4, 5 or 7 seats. Not 6. I'm sure others will correct me if that's incorrect.

Cheers
foehammer
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Curtis
Aircraft Registration: N62XZ
Airports: KPAE

Post by foehammer »

I'm curious what your thoughts on the egress issues are based on... I'm new to flying, but is that a common restriction that seats cannot recline if there are seats behind it that don't have their own exit door?

It won't surprise me if you end up being right, but Diamond pretty clearly calls out the 6-seat configuration and even include the measurements.
6-seat.jpg