3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N100DA
Airports: KSPK

WTB: DA-62 Rear Cargo Shell

Post by UTMark »

Hey Everyone,

I've got a 7-seat DA-62 and am contemplating converting it to a 5-seater with the cargo pod in the back... I seem to recall someone on here mentioning they may have had one used.

If so... I'm looking. New ones are over $7K apparently?!?!

Mark
KSPK, Spanish Fork, UT
N100DA DA-62 62.078
Mwarmer
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Marcel
Aircraft Registration: DIJJJ
Airports: EDLN

Re: WTB: DA-62 Rear Cargo Shell

Post by Mwarmer »

We have a 7-seat Diamond DA62. We are very satisfied with the plane. However, we never use the 3rd row. So on our trip from Europe to Oshkosh last year, we took out the 3rd row to have extra luggage space. That took some figuring out in the beginning, but afterwards it wasn't too bad. Then we cut a hard plastic sheet exactly to size. We fastened it on studs. Great solution. However, you have to consider the center of gravity and the maximum weight you can load. The space is easily accessible.
Now we have ordered a new Diamond DA62, which will be delivered in August 2024. We ordered a 5 person plane with 2300 kg max take off weight. This is because of our experience with our current plane.

Marcel.
NDCDA62
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Nigel
Aircraft Registration: DINDC
Airports: EDRY

Re: WTB: DA-62 Rear Cargo Shell

Post by NDCDA62 »

Diamond has a special conversion kit to replace the rear seats with a cargo bay. Control cables have to be covered plus a new W&B sheet calculated. DIY is not the answer should an incident occur and an investigation follows……