4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N890US
Airports: 1C5

Re: Failure of electric rudder pedal adjustment

Post by yl472401 »

The rudder paddle on my DA40 quit working once due to damaged to the circuit breaker knob under the seat. It was either my shoes or the bag caught the knot while I was stepping out of the cockpit and caused the round cover to break away.
This could be one of the reasons.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Diamond DA40, Diamond DA42NG, PPL, IR
MarkA
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Registration: N123MZ
Airports: KHIO

Post by MarkA »

My pilot-side electric rudder pedal adjustment stopped working this past weekend on a cross country flight. It worked fine when I move the pedals full aft to install the gust lock when I parked the plane but when I returned a couple of days later there was no movement when the adjustment switch was pushed. :(

It sounds like the first thing to check is a popped circuit breaker or a blown "secondary" fuse that’s hidden someplace under the glare shield. The schematic from the AMM for the rudder pedal adjustment is attached (DA4-9227-20-01). Red annotations have been added indicating the two parts that may be causing this problem – the circuit breaker or the secondary fuse.

I have a few of questions and am looking for any experience others have had to fix this issue:
  • Which circuit breaker on the panel is associated with the pilot-side electric rudder pedal adjustment?
  • In my case none of the circuit breakers on the panel appear to have popped so I’m guessing the problem may be with the secondary fuse instead.
  • Where is the secondary fuse physically located under the glare shield and how can one identify it?
  • I assume the secondary fuse can be easily replaced if I can find it. Does anyone know the part number for that fuse or where I can find it?
Attachments
anotated schematic 2.pdf
(176.43 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
2010 DA40 XLS, N123MZ, KHIO
https://youtu.be/LuQr6mGxffg
MarkA
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mark
Aircraft Registration: N123MZ
Airports: KHIO

Post by MarkA »

Never mind...

I had never actually looked at the rudder pedal adjustment switch before and just noticed the 3 amp rudder circuit breaker is right below the toggle switch. In my case the breaker had popped so all I needed to do was reset it and everything is working fine again. :oops:

Rudder pedal 3 amp circuit breaker.jpg
2010 DA40 XLS, N123MZ, KHIO
https://youtu.be/LuQr6mGxffg