1 Diamond Member
First Name: Keoki
Aircraft Type: DA20-A1
Aircraft Registration: N856DF
Airports: KFHB

DA20-A1 Engine Shock Mounts

Post by KGFlier »

Good Day,

I've been looking for over a week now but cannot locate a source of engine shock mounts--Diamond Aircraft Part Number 7850000. Does anyone have a contact, source, or magic bullet, please? The engine is a Rotax 912 F3.

Thanks, and fly safely,

Keoki Gray
N856DF
JohnE
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: John
Airports: KENW

Re: DA20-A1 Engine Shock Mounts

Post by JohnE »

Hi Keoki,

I should have a set of these. The part is Megi 785000. Conti makes then now. It is a little bit of a PITA to remove the old ones btw. The maintenance manual doesn't detail the R&R process. It's up to the user to figure out...

Feel free to PM me. I replaced mine about 10 years ago. Due to shipping costs, I ended up purchasing more than I needed. I'll have to look up the price I paid and double check how many I have left. I know I have at least another 4 units.

-John
krellis
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Keith
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N853DF
Airports: GA04

Post by krellis »

John,

Just so you know - Keoki is the instructor at the high school where we donated our Katana. He gave my son his first lesson in the Katana many years ago (my son is now a pilot at a major airline). Appreciate any help you can give him.

Keoki is also a very experienced A&P. He repaired the Katana years ago after the nose wheel fracture and prop strike.

Cool video if you have time to watch it - https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/ ... 3b6511973f
JohnE
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by JohnE »

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the update. I "know" Keoki from another DA20-A1 parts issue. Seems like a good guy, thanks for the link.

I emailed him directly.

I was at the hangar this weekend. I still have 6 of these rings. If anyone needs sourcing of these parts in the future, feel free to PM me or reply to this thread. I don't think there are too many of us Katana owners on this site.

best regards,

John
Alex
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Al
Aircraft Registration: N858DF
Airports: KTOA

Post by Alex »

JohnE wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 5:39 am Hi Keoki,

I should have a set of these. The part is Megi 785000. Conti makes then now. It is a little bit of a PITA to remove the old ones btw. The maintenance manual doesn't detail the R&R process. It's up to the user to figure out...

Feel free to PM me. I replaced mine about 10 years ago. Due to shipping costs, I ended up purchasing more than I needed. I'll have to look up the price I paid and double check how many I have left. I know I have at least another 4 units.

-John
I need to order a set of these for my new 912-F3. Apparently the 785000 comes in two hardnesses. Can you determine/remember if it was the softer 4000008372, or the harder 4000008373? If anyone else would like to get in on the order, let me know. -Al Gibbs, Katana owner.
Al GIbbs
DA20-A1 N858DF KTOA
JohnE
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by JohnE »

Hi Al,

I'm on vacation this week. I shared a US based company that can procure these with another user on this forum. I sold my remaining ones to Keoki, but would be willing to go in on 4 new ones if you are going to order some. The main issue is that shipping I think was expensive, so you might as well buy extras to lower the cost per unit. I can look up the hardness from my previous order with them when I get back home next week.

thanks.

John