3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dan
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N270DS
Airports: KAQW

Re: Potential New DA62 Owner

Post by danno2000 »

Karim wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 7:11 pm Also, can someone please explain why US dealers’ prices some USD 150K higher than European dealers’; see Controller. Does the delta reflect US custom duties perhaps?
Euro-to-dollar exchange rate is down about 15% since the beginning of 2022. If European dealers pricing aircraft in euro are slow to adjust their pricing (or market conditions don't allow), then it could open up a gap like that.

For owners who don't want to ferry their own planes across the Atlantic, how much does it cost to have it done?

best,
dan
DiamondRob
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: GWARZ
Airports: EGTE

Post by DiamondRob »

jb642DA wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:39 am Size-wise, the DA62 is (I may be off a little) 8" wider than an SR22 as well as "taller" in cabin height. Definitely put your family in a SR22 and see how they "fit".....and take into account "growth"! I've had 5 adults in our 62 very comfortably - 2 up front, 2 in the middle row and one in the "3rd row". Even though the DA62 has 5 or 7 seats, its passenger "capacity" is still limited, depending on the weight of those seat occupants, fuel, TKS fluid onboard and luggage. Our DA62 has a 1340# useful load - the best I've seen for most SR22s is a little over 1100# "loaded" with options. Right now the SR22T G6 is "advertised" as a 1249# useful load plane, BUT that doesn't include TKS, AC or a few other options. The DA62 has an advertised 1610# useful load, before "options"!! (We have 270# of options.)
I cant find - and wonder if you can chalk up, a list of options and what their weights would be, itemised?
Thanks for the great post by the way.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

DiamondRob wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:45 am I cant find - and wonder if you can chalk up, a list of options and what their weights would be, itemised?
Thanks for the great post by the way.
DA62 2023 Price List.pdf
(4.97 MiB) Downloaded 172 times
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

Just an update - closed on my 62 on Tuesday. The last day before my (relatively) favorable rate lock expired … kudos to Premier, US Aircraft Finance and Wings Insurance (plus the escrow people) for helping make that happen in a hurry especially over the New Years’ holiday weekend. I was expecting it the week of 1/23 but on 12/29, Premier called and said the plane is ready to close by Wednesday 1/4 assuming the A/W certificate is issued (which happened on 12/30). Unfortunately, Premier can’t get it to Texas until next week and I will be on a couple cruises that I booked long ago to celebrate my retirement from my law firm (as a partner, staying on for a few months as a counsel to get a couple matters over the finish line). Pretty big week for me! Cheers and happy new year all!
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

MackAttack wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:31 pm Just an update - closed on my 62 on Tuesday. The last day before my (relatively) favorable rate lock expired … kudos to Premier, US Aircraft Finance and Wings Insurance (plus the escrow people) for helping make that happen in a hurry especially over the New Years’ holiday weekend. I was expecting it the week of 1/23 but on 12/29, Premier called and said the plane is ready to close by Wednesday 1/4 assuming the A/W certificate is issued (which happened on 12/30). Unfortunately, Premier can’t get it to Texas until next week and I will be on a couple cruises that I booked long ago to celebrate my retirement from my law firm (as a partner, staying on for a few months as a counsel to get a couple matters over the finish line). Pretty big week for me! Cheers and happy new year all!
If you ever find yourself over at EFD (or maybe I come over to TME) would love to take a look when you get it! A little apprehensive about getting my tail chewed off from a P51 though... ;)