Purchased a DA 42 Simulator

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

todarrell
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Darrell
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: NSIM
Airports: KORL

Re: Purchased a DA 42 Simulator

Post by todarrell »

I used four types of audio systems to give the sim an immersive sound & feel.

1. Sonos surround system The soundbar and bass sub are outside of fuselage, and the two Sonos Play are mounted behind each seat.
2. Bose PC speakers are inside the fuselage, above the rudder pedals, mounted through the firewall.
3. ButtKicker vibration system - I mounted to the fuselage frame behind / under the seats. This gives is a true cockpit feel.
4. Flight Sounds interface Aviation headset in to USB out providing an authentic VHF sound. I added a PTT interface card wired to both pilot and co pilot sticks PTT button. This allows ATC (VATSIM) or (Pilot Edge) to only hear transmission when the PTT button is pressed.

I had the Sonos and Bose systems already in the house. I purchased the ButtKicker and the Flight Sounds Interface.

The Sound Control Panel settings on the PC allowed me to control what sound goes to what device. It took a long time to get the sound correct but I think I've finally dialed it in.
Attachments
6C7EE6A6-89DE-4176-BE8A-63E8C60ADD07.JPG
B72970A5-32F9-4FA5-9140-E40D3AE7724A.JPG
IMG_0305.jpeg
IMG_0306.jpeg
Roxiedog13
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Robert
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: CFAJH
Airports: lake

Post by Roxiedog13 »

What is the latest progress?
hkavasch
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Hans
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: D-GDON
Airports: EDMQ

Post by hkavasch »

In case someone is interested… we (a German flying club) also got hold of TWO diamond SIM units. We brought one back to live in a setup and with software that is nearly identical with the original diamond sim. Check the link for pictures.

https://flugplatz-genderkingen.de/simulator/

The second unit has not been used so far. In case some has interest in the unit please PM me.
Hans Kavasch
Flying Club MDG (http://www.edmq.de), Germany
DA40TDI 2.0s CD155, G1000, D4.325, D-EDKY
DA42 2.0 CD135, 42.049, D-GDON