3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Sara
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N687DA
Airports: KPAE

Re: New DA62 x words of wisdom from seasoned owners

Post by BlueYonder »

I was putting in an order with Lifestyle in July when they got in a used one that met most of my spec. Since they were quoting me a Q3 2022 delivery at that point -- and I could get this one in October -- I cancelled the order and bought the used one. Looking at the ever-extending waits and rising prices, I'm feeling like I seriously lucked out here.

Mine is serial #005 from the London factory. They built it as their first factory demo plane, and flew it for a few months before selling it to the guy I bought it from. (He, in turn, sold it to me because he was graduating to a Cirrus Vision jet.) Because it was a demo, it has every feature -- even a few I wasn't planning to spring for, like the on-board WX radar. It was even the same red-and-silver of the one I'd ordered.

I'm planning to do some interior work next winter. Fifty hours in, I'm very sure now that I won't need the two back seats, so we'll be taking those out and putting in the cargo platform. If the new lounge middle seats are available as an after-market add-on, I'll replace the triple seat, too. And I'm going to switch out the black interior for a custom cashmere beige one (since the all-black interior feels a bit like flying in a coffin to me).

Seconding the folks upthread who talked about the difficulty with the high step. I bought a small, light two-step folding ladder off Amazon that tucks neatly into the back, and should streamline getting my 84-year-old mother into the second seats. But once you're in, it's a sweet ride. I've now crossed both the Rockies and the Sierra in it (the latter three times, including twice yesterday), and the turbocharger just makes it chew up the sky -- no huffing or puffing, even at altitudes in the mid-teens.

Very happy so far with the purchase. While the Cirrus is also attractive (and faster), this has more room and the security of that second engine. It feels like the right trade-off for our missions.
The highest art form of all is a human being in control of himself and his airplane in flight, urging the spirit of a machine to match his own. -- Richard Bach
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Would somebody who took delivery of a DA62 in the last year or so post their actual W&B page?
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

A number of people here have a DA62 on order. To facilitate seeing the orders, the backlog, and the slips in schedule, I'd like to invite those with a DA62 on order, or who recently took delivery, to enter their information on this shared Excel sheet. If any problems, please PM me.

Thanks, Russ

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvDxwIigp7LegYQrde_Y5IPzpbwTsQ
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

Had a second demo flight (first with the wife) and the sales rep said that the dealers in the US have basically said we'll take anything from either Canada or Austria. So hopefully they'll start fulfilling orders in the US from both Canada and Austria. BTW, whoever owns N80PA...nice plane!
Kevincejnar
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kevin
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: OKTUR
Airports: LKLT

Post by Kevincejnar »

Form done I hope that its useful... I see I am the first newbie plane owner here :-)
Looking forward to a new life in the sky.
I will actually be employing some pilots and learning on the plane too So its all a big adventure
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

Kevincejnar wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:53 pm Form done I hope that its useful... I see I am the first newbie plane owner here :-)
Looking forward to a new life in the sky.
I will actually be employing some pilots and learning on the plane too So its all a big adventure
Congratulations. I think there was an owner in the DA62 promotional video (no longer on the Diamond website, but still on YouTube) who also learned to fly in his DA62.

Did you buy direct from the factory? Does Diamond always sell direct in Europe?
Jitters79
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bill
Aircraft Registration: 62177
Airports: Kbfi

Post by Jitters79 »

We did a little air to air video shoot upon picking up my plane:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbygqqfSsA8
Kevincejnar
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kevin
Aircraft Registration: OKTUR
Airports: LKLT

Post by Kevincejnar »

Hi - I am not sure how it normally works but I live in Czech Republic which is close to Austria , and we were dealing with the head of Central Europe and Russia. I imagine that where they don’t have dealers they operate direct.
Yea I saw that video. Having bought the plane and been on the test fly , I am not as motivated to get in the Cessna 152 any more …
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member

Post by Boatguy »

You are very lucky! Dealing directly with the factory and taking delivery about a year sooner than any US resident ordering a DA62.

Establishing an address near the factory seems to make a big difference in delivery time. A Canadian buyer waited only six months. US buyers are waiting an average of 16 months.

Enjoy your new DA62!
Ed McDonald
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Ed
Aircraft Registration: CFPWP
Airports: CFB6

Post by Ed McDonald »

Boatguy wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:31 am Would somebody who took delivery of a DA62 in the last year or so post their actual W&B page?
Here is the weight and balance sheet for C-FPWP. It is a 5 seat version with all of the bells and whistles:
Garmin 70 WX Radar
Air Conditioning
TKS De-icing
Oxygen
Avidyne Traffic Advisory System
SVT
GDL 69A Sirius XM Sat Radio
Attachments
C-FPWP Weight and Balance.jpg