Moderators: Kai, Rick, Lance Murray, Mr. Gadget

Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Re: Interested in a Powered LEMO Adapter?

Post by Rich »

Confirmed the Bose X LEMO works with the adapter.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

Post by waynemcc999 »

Rich wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:51 pm Confirmed the Bose X LEMO works with the adapter.
Rich, excellent. Thx!
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot
blsewardjr
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bernie
Aircraft Registration: N377DS
Airports: KCHO

Post by blsewardjr »

Lightspeed just released their new Delta Zulu Headset. Among the features are a rechargeable battery that can be powered by USB cord from ship's power. I think it would be awkward in our cockpits, especially since it means another cord, but would be an alternative to the LEMO adaptor. Other features include a carbon monoxide detector and customizable audio for those with some hearing loss. Sporty's has a review at https://www.sportys.com/lightspeed-delt ... adset.html I plan to stick with my Zulu 3's. Bernie
Bernie Seward, IR, AGI
2003 DA40 N377DS
KCHO Charlottesville, VA
Rich
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rich
Aircraft Registration: N40XE
Airports: S39 Prineville OR

Post by Rich »

In a 15-minute period today I received notice on this new headset from Lightspeed, MyPilotStore, Aircraft Spruce, and Sporty’s. :D

I looked into it and it’s pretty clear that the LEMO version has the same setup as the Zulu-3. Specifically there is no provision for battery of either type, so it’s not a candidate for situations where some of one’s use involves aircraft lacking panel power.

Some nice features, but whether it’s worth the additional cost will be up to individual judgement.
2002 DA40-180: MT, PowerFlow, 530W/430W, KAP140, ext. baggage, 1090 ES out, 2646 MTOW, 40gal., Surefly, Flightstream 210, Orion 600 LED, XeVision, Aspen E5
mhoran
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Matt
Aircraft Registration: N269RB
Airports: KLDJ

Post by mhoran »

I sent two David Clark One-X headsets in for repair and conversion to One-XP (LEMO version) back in August. I just received shipment notification of an inbound package from David Clark and reached out to see what was up, as I hadn't received an invoice or any update on the repairs. Well, they upgraded both to One-XP at no charge!

Unfortunately it'll be a while before I can try them out as my airplane is down indefinitely while we wait for the machine shop to make it through their backlog of crank and case repairs. Really itching to get back in the air and try them out!
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Post by photoSteveZ »

Rich wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:42 pm In a 15-minute period today I received notice on this new headset from Lightspeed, MyPilotStore, Aircraft Spruce, and Sporty’s. :D

I looked into it and it’s pretty clear that the LEMO version has the same setup as the Zulu-3. Specifically there is no provision for battery of either type, so it’s not a candidate for situations where some of one’s use involves aircraft lacking panel power.

Some nice features, but whether it’s worth the additional cost will be up to individual judgement.
As I mentioned in another thread, the Delta Zulu comes with two, interchangeable battery cases. One has a built-in LiPo rechargeable battery, and the other accept two AA cells. Turns out I can’t use the LiPo case in my DA62 because it injects a squeal when the LEMO jack powers on. I could leave both battery cases behind, but that would expose the contacts on the control box to cockpit misadventures, and so Lightspeed recommends attaching the AA case without installing cells.
Colin
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Colin
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: N972RD
Airports: KFHR

Post by Colin »

This is not shaping up to a product I am very excited about, but I am pretty invested in the Lightspeed world after fifteen years. They should have something that just covers the spot where the battery case would be. In fact, I think I'll probably have to get my brother to 3d print something that does that. That's a failure on the part of their design team.
Colin Summers, PP Multi-Engine IFR, ~3,000hrs
colin@mightycheese.com * send email rather than PM
http://www.flyingsummers.com
N972RD DA42 G1000 2.0 s/n 42.AC100 (sold!)
N971RD DA40 G1000 s/n 40.508 (traded)
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Post by photoSteveZ »

Colin wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 7:56 pm This is not shaping up to a product I am very excited about, but I am pretty invested in the Lightspeed world after fifteen years. They should have something that just covers the spot where the battery case would be. In fact, I think I'll probably have to get my brother to 3d print something that does that. That's a failure on the part of their design team.
The battery case completes the shape and leaves it with smooth edges that don’t snag on things. Interestingly, they chose not to make the switch box/battery case an in-line design like the Zulu and the Bose A20: both cords exit from the same end of the baton.
CFIDave
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N333GX
Airports: KJYO Leesburg VA

Post by CFIDave »

photoSteveZ wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:51 pmTurns out I can’t use the LiPo case in my DA62 because it injects a squeal when the LEMO jack powers on.
That's not just a LIghtspeed or Diamond issue. I tried a Bose A20 with dual plugs going through a LEMO adapter (to an Epic E1000 that has only LEMO jacks), and it also injected a squeal. When I replaced Energizer lithium-ion AA batteries in the A20 with Energizer Max alkaline batteries, the squeal went away. I haven't been able to figure this one out yet.
Epic Aircraft E1000 GX
Former DA40XLS, DA42-VI, and DA62 owner
ATP, CFI, CFI-I, MEI
waynemcc999
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Wayne
Aircraft Registration: N211WP
Airports: KSBA

Post by waynemcc999 »

CFIDave wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:27 pm
photoSteveZ wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:51 pmTurns out I can’t use the LiPo case in my DA62 because it injects a squeal when the LEMO jack powers on.
That's not just a LIghtspeed or Diamond issue. I tried a Bose A20 with dual plugs going through a LEMO adapter (to an Epic E1000 that has only LEMO jacks), and it also injected a squeal. When I replaced Energizer lithium-ion AA batteries in the A20 with Energizer Max alkaline batteries, the squeal went away. I haven't been able to figure this one out yet.
I have this vague recollection (well my entire memory bank can be vague :) ) about Bose saying no lithium batteries with the A20??
Wayne
Wayne McClelland
PPL/IR, 2008 Diamond Star DA40-XLS 40.922, KSBA
Photo logs of PilotsNPaws | Flying Doctors | Angel Flight | YouTube @GeezerGeekPilot