Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Bryce
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryce
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N6KB
Airports: KRTS

Re: DA62 on order or recently delivered?

Post by Bryce »

Me too. Trying to update my order, but I can't get in on my phone or computer.
N6KB DA62 Q3-2023. Now April 2024.
N524HS BE G36 2007 (Sold)
N605CA DA40 2008 (Sold)
KRTS - Reno Stead
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Someone deleted it. It has now been restored. Try this link.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvDxwIigp7LegYQrde_Y5IPzpbwTsQ
MichaelM
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Registration: N412ML
Airports: KFSD Y14 KBZN

Post by MichaelM »

Bryce wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:07 pm Me too. Trying to update my order, but I can't get in on my phone or computer.
Bryce, were you able to get in and update your details? Looks like we are both going through Lifestyle Aviation. Curious to see if you have any updated info.
nworthin
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Norm
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N190AS
Airports: KSRQ

Post by nworthin »

My understanding is the projected delivery for a new order today is into 2025 but you can't even place the order because Diamond doesn't feel confident pricing the plane that far out. A lot of folks want DA62s!
MichaelM
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member

Post by MichaelM »

I ordered in July of 2021. They are now telling me October or December 2023. So I'm looking at 26-28 months from order to delivery at this point. And I bet, it still won't come with NXi Phase III :-D
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

MichaelM wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 1:08 am I ordered in July of 2021. They are now telling me October or December 2023. So I'm looking at 26-28 months from order to delivery at this point. And I bet, it still won't come with NXi Phase III :-D
I ordered June 2021 and I'm 62.C055, expecting early April. Did Lifestyle give you a s/n? A slip to October / December sounds extreme. I have a photo of my "plane", really just a hull at this point, but it is clearly under construction.

The disgusting thing about Phase III is that it mostly establishes parity with Cirrus aircraft from 2018. It's just unfathomable how Diamond is unable to get software certified. This is not software development, that work is all done by Garmin. Sure, there are probably some configuration issues for Diamond, but it's not software development. These features have been shipping on other aircraft for literally years.
MichaelM
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member

Post by MichaelM »

No. I have asked for a serial number several times and have not gotten an answer. I saw your projected delivery date and was wondering why my delivery could be 6-8 months later, given that I only ordered about 30 days after you. I feel like something is off. I am going to give them another call this week.

Any, yeah. I mean the DA62 is still a wonderful plane. It's just been a long wait, and it would have been great if the delay had at least gotten us the Phase III upgrades. Then I would have been less grumpy. Of course all of these are minor things in the grander scheme of life.
Bryce
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Bryce »

Michael,
No real update from LifeStyle. In October they told me to get them my custom paint scheme by December, and secure my custom N Number. In November/December they said they really have no idea when I should expect my airplane. First it was July 2023, then in October 2022 it was Sept/Oct 2023, now there is no ETA. John said that we'll chat sometime soon, I just need to call him.
Depending how much longer I'm delayed, or if Diamond can't give us an acceptable delivery month, I may end up buying a different airplane altogether and sell the 62 when I take delivery. I don't want to do that, but if I find a TBM that meets certain criteria I'll likely go that route. Ultimately it's not any dealers fault in the delivery dates/estimates, I'm sure they're just as much in the dark about these dates as we are. It has to be frustrating for them too since they need to get to a build start date before, in a lot of instances, much deposit money comes in. Please keep us updated on any communication that you receive, and I'll do the same (via PM).

Bryce
N605CA DA40 2008 (Sold)
KRTS - Reno Stead
MichaelM
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member

Post by MichaelM »

My aircraft is now looking like it will be built in Austria and be delivered in Oct / Nov of 2023. Updated the details in the spreadsheet.

A tip for other folks who might be in the same position...

Even though G1000 NXi Phase III is not released yet, Diamond did allow me to select and pay for the GWX 75. So the plane is going to be provisioned for the GWX 75. If for some reason that configuration is not certified yet, the plane will be delivered with the GWX 70, and then they will do an upgrade to the GWX 75 as a "covered warranty" item. Lifestyle did a really good job working through that issue with me, so that I can get the plane lined up for a current model of radar. Just wanted to drop there here in case some one else might want to go that same route.
Bryce
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by Bryce »

Michael,
I was under the impression that they will not actually install the 70, instead have all wiring ready and then have us go to a Diamond Service Center to get the 75 installed once it's approved. Maybe I misunderstood, but that would be nice if they sent the planes out to delivery with the 70 until the 75 is certified.
N605CA DA40 2008 (Sold)
KRTS - Reno Stead