3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: GFELC
Airports: EGBS

Re: DA62 or DA42

Post by Mike Jones »

Sadly it is April 24 - there was a rumour about Dec 2023 but now reverted to April 24, sigh, no excuse for me not to complete IR/ME by then. From the sheet there is big gap in serial numbers for the from delivery March 23 (225) to April 24 (277) 52 aircraft assume between Canada and Austria suggesting about 4 per month production. The nearest thing to a 62 I am going to see is the dialogue on this forum.
Waiting for DA62-277
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

Where did 52 airplanes go?

Diamond has three customer segments: 1) flight/training academies, 2) government agencies that buy the MPP versions of the DA42/62, or DART, and 3) private pilots. Sales to #1 and #2 are direct and thus higher margin. They also operate their own service departments which get preferential service and parts priority.

Diamond doesn't wasn't to talk with private pilots, so they are routed through "distributors" and "service centers". Austro actually highlighted this in a memo last year regarding the HPP AD and HPP availability issues, justifying it by saying that #1 and #2 had revenue or operations dependent on being able to fly their planes.

Apparently private pilots are just spoiled hobbyists, even those who are dependent on revenue from lease back or "DiamondShare" programs.
VickersPilot
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Dave
Aircraft Registration: N00TBC
Airports:

Post by VickersPilot »

I'm going to defend DAI a little. I had an mx issue after purchase and they (via SC) actually handled it exceptionally well. I think the individuals that work there do want to help. I was surprised at the level of post delivery service I received.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

VickersPilot wrote: Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:51 pm I'm going to defend DAI a little. I had an mx issue after purchase and they (via SC) actually handled it exceptionally well. I think the individuals that work there do want to help. I was surprised at the level of post delivery service I received.
It’s a mixed bag. In a separate thread is the story of my 10 weeks AOG while by their own admission they didn’t have time to do any diagnosis so they “threw parts at it”. After the fourth failed flight I got a call from the FAA. Suddenly, DAI was able to diagnose and fix the problem. Or perhaps it was just a coincidence.

None the less, refusing to communicate with buyers who have given DAI $150k expecting to take delivery a year later, and have watched the year pass with no confirmation of when delivery might occur, is indefensible.
DiamondRob
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Rob
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: GWARZ
Airports: EGTE

Post by DiamondRob »

Mike Jones wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:16 am OK, signed on the dotted line DA62-277 will be delivered hopefully April 24
Congrats Mike, excited for you!! :mrgreen: