How to find Diamond Sales.

Open for questions of visitors of DAN. Posts of our guests are on moderation queue.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Alex Green
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Alex
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N200
Airports:

How to find Diamond Sales.

Post by Alex Green »

Hi, everyone!

I have a weird problem. I want to buy DA42 or DA62. More than a week ago I contacted Diamond through the official website (sales form). No one contacted me back so far.
I contacted them through the Facebook official page. They answered:

"we are very sorry for the inconvenience; can you share the email address you used for the request? We will check immediately with our sales colleagues. thanks and best"

I shared my contacts. It was on Tuesday and nobody contacted me back again :).. I'm a bit shocked of that kind of sales service.
Can anyone suggest what to do next?

If it helps, I'm currently located in Spain, FAA pilot, flying N-reg aircrafts.

Thanks for any help.
chili4way
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Paul
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N718NG
Airports: KADS

Re: How to find Diamond Sales.

Post by chili4way »

Your Diamond distributor in Spain is Rosique Aircraft.

This would be straightforward if you were planning to buy an "EC-" registered aircraft instead of an "N" registered one. However, as you want a US-registered aircraft, you're likely going to have to buy it from a US distributor (Lifestyle, Premier, or Steele - depending on where you "live" or perhaps have the plane registered). Then you'll have to arrange to export/transport it to Spain. After that, you might find a few wrinkles in MX if any situation comes up where FAA and EASA requirements for continued airworthiness or local MX practices diverge.

Perhaps there are Europe-based original owners of N-registered aircraft who can tell you how they did it. While it's unusual, you certainly are not the first.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

That's not surprising. Diamond sells through distributors, though there is some ambiguity in Europe where there have been reports of buying direct from the factory in Austria. But for the most part Diamond doesn't like to talk with private pilots and will send you to a distributor. There is a map on their website which shows distributors, some of which have been granted exclusive territories, though they don't tell us which ones or the territory.

This is the map: https://www.diamondaircraft.com/en/priv ... ow-to-buy/

This is what it lists for Spain: https://rosiqueaircraft.com

You can take a look at the spreadsheet cited at the top of this thread to see the variation in delivery time: viewtopic.php?t=8277

Some North American buyers are getting planes built in Austria and ferried to the factory in Canada where they are then delivered to the distributor and then the customer. Serial numbers with a "C" are built in Canada, those without are built in Austria.

Good luck!
Alex Green
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
Airports:

Post by Alex Green »

chili4way wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:32 pm Your Diamond distributor in Spain is Rosique Aircraft.

This would be straightforward if you were planning to buy an "EC-" registered aircraft instead of an "N" registered one. However, as you want a US-registered aircraft, you're likely going to have to buy it from a US distributor (Lifestyle, Premier, or Steele - depending on where you "live" or perhaps have the plane registered). Then you'll have to arrange to export/transport it to Spain. After that, you might find a few wrinkles in MX if any situation comes up where FAA and EASA requirements for continued airworthiness or local MX practices diverge.

Perhaps there are Europe-based original owners of N-registered aircraft who can tell you how they did it. While it's unusual, you certainly are not the first.
Thank a lot for the explanation. I used to have and fly N-reg in EU, but it was based in Ukraine. I want to keep my FAA licenses (I don't have EASA), I'm planing to have it on N, import and keep on N in EU. Still discussing with lawyers if it works.
Do you think I should contact US distributor in this case?
And what is MX? Like FSDO in US?
Alex Green
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
Airports:

Post by Alex Green »

Boatguy wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:42 pm That's not surprising. Diamond sells through distributors, though there is some ambiguity in Europe where there have been reports of buying direct from the factory in Austria. But for the most part Diamond doesn't like to talk with private pilots and will send you to a distributor. There is a map on their website which shows distributors, some of which have been granted exclusive territories, though they don't tell us which ones or the territory.

This is the map: https://www.diamondaircraft.com/en/priv ... ow-to-buy/

This is what it lists for Spain: https://rosiqueaircraft.com

You can take a look at the spreadsheet cited at the top of this thread to see the variation in delivery time: viewtopic.php?t=8277

Some North American buyers are getting planes built in Austria and ferried to the factory in Canada where they are then delivered to the distributor and then the customer. Serial numbers with a "C" are built in Canada, those without are built in Austria.

Good luck!
Thanks a lot!
They have a form on a website where you explain yourself and they have to assign you a dealer (as I got it). I filled it in.
Will try to contact dealers.

Thank you for sharing the delivery time. It's one of the key questions for me. 20 month looks frustrating. Is there such a list for DA42?
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

I don’t think many private owners have been buying new 42s. The price spread between the 42 and 62 is too narrow to justify the smaller plane.

There is no list for the 42 or 40, but the spreadsheet can be edited, so feel free to add a new sheet.
haykinson
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: ilya
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N724LA
Airports: KSMO

Post by haykinson »

Alex Green wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:10 am And what is MX? Like FSDO in US?
MX is short for "maintenance".
Thomas
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Thomas
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: D-ENMA 40.337
Airports: LSZC BUOCHS SWITZERLAND

Post by Thomas »

Contact Alfonso of Rosique Aircraft , Reus Airport. He is a very nice guy and can give you an advice how Spain is handling the new EASA requirement for N registered aircraft.
Will p/m you his coordinates
Thomas Bienz DA40-180 40.337 D-ENMA (sold 08/2022)
Home Airport LSZC Buochs Switzerland
Alex Green
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
Airports:

Post by Alex Green »

Thomas wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:15 pm Contact Alfonso of Rosique Aircraft , Reus Airport. He is a very nice guy and can give you an advice how Spain is handling the new EASA requirement for N registered aircraft.
Will p/m you his coordinates
Thanks a lot! Looks like we've found him and set up a meeting :)