1 Diamond Member
First Name: Alex
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: DGIFT
Airports:

DA42NG-VI Checklist

Post by alexair101 »

Screenshot 2022-10-05 at 19.05.23.png
As much as I enjoyed learning on the DA42NG-VI, I did not find the checklist format particularly user friendly or not super smoothly flowing...

So, as I have done something like that before for a piper and found it a great way to truly learn the aircraft inside out – I decided to give it a go at making the checklist I could use for DA42 in the format I like.

Was wondering what other people experiences are like? As I had somebody asking me to print an extra copy for them, it got me thinking if there might actually be more people interested?
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Re: DA42NG-VI Checklist

Post by Boatguy »

Every tried using MiraCheck, without the voice recognition?
alexair101
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Alex
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: DGIFT
Airports:

Post by alexair101 »

Boatguy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:23 pm Every tried using MiraCheck, without the voice recognition?
just checked it out! Incredible idea, but I guess until it reaches the level of voice assistance from futuristic movies I'd find it not so practical in real world application :-( Used a similar simpler app though for flying in an Extra as the checklist is quite short and could be easily read from a mobile phone attached to the lap.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

alexair101 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 8:26 pm
Boatguy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:23 pm Every tried using MiraCheck, without the voice recognition?
just checked it out! Incredible idea, but I guess until it reaches the level of voice assistance from futuristic movies I'd find it not so practical in real world application :-( Used a similar simpler app though for flying in an Extra as the checklist is quite short and could be easily read from a mobile phone attached to the lap.
You can just turn the voice assistance off. I've used it for 4yrs+ without the voice assistance to create custom checklists. The conditional portions of lists (via Tags), and the conditional branching capabilities make it much more powerful and flexible than a paper list. It will also print paper lists with it as well.

I use it on an iPad Mini for everything from pre-flight to instrument approaches (I use an iPad Mini for my kneeboard).

I have begun experimenting with the voice response for emergency checklists when I don't want to be heads down. It doesn't need much voice recognition to understand when I say "Check". It's not trying to compete with Siri, Alexa, et al.
TCaz
1 Diamond Member
1 Diamond Member
First Name: Todd
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N551JW
Airports: KDVT KSDL

Post by TCaz »

Alexair101: That a really impressive product you've created for yourself! I'm doing my commercial multi add-on now in a DA42, and I agree on the checklist format. For now I've decided to just become a whiz at flipping the pages to the right spot through repetition and muscle memory... but if I owned a DA42 I'd like something like you created. Actually, for the Cirrus I own I'd love something like that! Nice work!