Diamond Fly-in To Buckeye Air Fair (KBXK) February 17-19, 2023

Your trip reports, airport experiences, etc. are welcome here.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

saramse
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N905PA
Airports: KDWH

Diamond Fly-in To Buckeye Air Fair (KBXK) February 17-19, 2023

Post by saramse »

Diamond Owners & Pilots,

I along with Steve Zimmerman and a few other Diamond pilots will be attending the Buckeye Air Fair on February 17-19, 2023 in Buckeye, AZ (West side of Phoenix, KBXK). PLEASE JOIN US FOR A DIAMOND GET TOGETHER! We are planning a group lunch (or maybe dinner) on Saturday, the 18th (location TBD depending on # of Diamonds in attendance).

I'm sure all of you AOPA members know that this is also the site of the first AOPA Fly-in of 2023. AOPA puts on a fun and informative event that offers attendees the ultimate experience of quality aviation content along with the fun and entertainment of an Air Fair. During the 3-day event, there will be world class educational content, a large indoor Exhibit Hall with the latest new tech, gear, and services. You can also stroll the robust aircraft display or listen to a seminar in one of three seminar venues. When you are done with that, don’t forget to catch the Air Show on Saturday and Sunday, as well as all the Air Fair vendors on site. Note that AOPA is hosting a AOPA Members only Chalet on the edge of the Flightline, so we'll probably hang out there during the Air Shows.

See AOPA.org for details including Hotel Room Blocks with special rates (end on 1/27/23, so book now). Steve and I have a rental car reserved already and are staying at the Springhill Suites, so could carry a couple of additional Diamond Pilots with us to/from the Air Fair.

We are looking forward to seeing a lot of Diamonds are the Buckeye Air Fair, please let me know if you are coming via PM.

Scott Ramsey, N905PA '08 DA40 XLS
saramse
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Scott
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N905PA
Airports: KDWH

Re: Diamond Fly-in To Buckeye Air Fair (KBXK) February 17-19, 2023

Post by saramse »

The Buckeye Air Fest in Buckeye, AZ is this weekend and the weather looks good, ~70F highs all weekend. I’ll be Marshaling aircraft on Friday 8a-1pm, so look forward to seeing a bunch of Diamond’s fly in!

Our group dinner is planned for Saturday the 18th, 6:30pm at Rudy’s Country Store and Bar-B-Q, 845 N Litchfield Rd, Goodyear, AZ 85338.

Steve Zimmerman and I are looking forward to seeing you there!