Diamond on order

The ramblings of our community of aviators.

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Re: Diamond on order

Post by MackAttack »

Unfortunate outcome for people wishing to get their 62’s in a reasonable time frame, but on the plus side, it continues to limit the supply of private DA62s and thus keeps the market value of the already-delivered airplanes higher than if they were producing them in higher volume. Definitely a mixed bag. The risk that DAI runs is they produce so few of the 62s that owners (a) switch to the 42-VI or 50 RG, or (b) just opt for something else rather than waiting perhaps for 3 years for a 62. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

For buyers I think the issue is both reasonable time and a predictable time. If you look at the Diamond on Order spreadsheet, the actual delivery times range from 8 to 25 months and the variance from the expected delivery when the purchase contract was signed to the actual delivery also varies widely. It's disturbing that different buyers will get different priority and not a simple case of all buyers being in the same line.
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

MackAttack wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:02 pm (a) switch to the 42-VI or 50 RG
Not likely, having in mind payload, speed, mission and range of DA62.
(b) just opt for something else rather than waiting perhaps for 3 years for a 62
Much more likely, having in mind DA62 price and comparing it with SET with same hours on engine TBO.
TimS
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Timothy
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N1446C
Airports: 6B6 Stowe MA

Post by TimS »

Boatguy wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:39 pm For buyers I think the issue is both reasonable time and a predictable time. If you look at the Diamond on Order spreadsheet, the actual delivery times range from 8 to 25 months and the variance from the expected delivery when the purchase contract was signed to the actual delivery also varies widely. It's disturbing that different buyers will get different priority and not a simple case of all buyers being in the same line.
I think what matters is Diamond's ability to meet the customer expectations. I would not be surprised if Diamond has reserved some capacity for each model line and adjusts it based on backlogs and margins.

Tim
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

I went to look at this and it said "read only". Here's a new link that should allow editing again.

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvDxwIigp7LegYYmt-q94A8l4xTbAg