3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

2nd Row Seat Comfort

Post by bdbogle »

I had the opportunity to sit in the back of a 5 seat DA62 on a little over an hour flight and the back seat was not that comfortable at all. I have a DA62 on order for next year and will be looking for ways to make things a little more tolerable for the rear passengers.

Not only are the seat backs too upright (and I know that's by design so you don't have a reclined seat blocking egress for the 3rd row) but the seat backs seem to have a bolster in the lumbar area that is simply too big. Luckily my feet were on the floor so I didn't have the problem of having my feet dangle as I've heard with people that are shorter (I'm 5'11").

Has anyone found a method using cushions or figured a way to slightly recline the middle seats to make the 2nd row seats a bit more comfortable?
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Re: 2nd Row Seat Comfort

Post by MackAttack »

I am planning to have a local shop (KIWS in Houston) make some minor modifications to the rear seats with more padding. I don’t think you can change the recline unfortunately. Haven’t got a quote yet but another 62 owner here is doing it and I plan to check out the results first.
bdbogle
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Bryan
Aircraft Type: DA42NG
Aircraft Registration: N687ML
Airports: KEFD

Post by bdbogle »

MackAttack wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:09 am I am planning to have a local shop (KIWS in Houston) make some minor modifications to the rear seats with more padding. I don’t think you can change the recline unfortunately. Haven’t got a quote yet but another 62 owner here is doing it and I plan to check out the results first.
Let me know...IWS is a very short hop. And this is Bryan...the guy that rode in the back of your plane... ;) Maybe the seats just need a little break in...
photoSteveZ
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Aircraft Registration: N62DZ
Airports: KEIK Erie CO

Post by photoSteveZ »

Diamond's released an AFM supplement for the DA50, for the Business Configuration second row seating: two seat with center console. See my post in the DA50 forum.

Unfortunately, from the documentation it doesn't look like the seats recline, though I can't be sure of that. Does anyone else have insight into this?
Rainair
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Christof
Aircraft Type: DA42-VI
Aircraft Registration: TBA
Airports: LOxx

Post by Rainair »

photoSteveZ wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:18 am Diamond's released an AFM supplement for the DA50, for the Business Configuration second row seating: two seat with center console. See my post in the DA50 forum.

Unfortunately, from the documentation it doesn't look like the seats recline, though I can't be sure of that. Does anyone else have insight into this?
This center console is also available in the DA62. In Europe. The demonstrator OE-FSG used to have it, see all Diamond videos on youtube etc.
NDCDA62
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Nigel
Aircraft Registration: DINDC
Airports: EDRY

Post by NDCDA62 »

I actually conducted my MEP Check-Ride on OE-FSG.

Herewith photo of configuration.
Attachments
DA62 2nd. Row Seat Configuration
DA62 2nd. Row Seat Configuration
Kevincejnar
2 Diamonds Member
2 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kevin
Aircraft Type: DA62NG
Aircraft Registration: OKTUR
Airports: LKLT

Post by Kevincejnar »

I actually complained to Diamond about this, there are some other threads. Some people recommend some covers / cushions.
MackAttack
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Joel
Aircraft Registration: N251JM
Airports: KIWS

Post by MackAttack »

Just as a follow up … I ordered Aerosheep seat covers as a first option before actually changing anything in the back. Will revert with reports once I receive and install them. I really don’t want my Angel Flight passengers, for example, to be uncomfortable back there … front seats are great as you guys already know.