3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Alan
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N314KY
Airports: 27K

Re: Yellow X on the Load

Post by alanhawse »

Unfortunately Ill be flying on Delta for the next 10 days... so I won't get a chance to record the error.

But when I get back ill make a recording... it happens on basically every cross country.

Alan
alanhawse
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by alanhawse »

OK... I flew a bunch in the last few days... Specifically back and forth from 27K->KSUS->27K ... twice.

I didn't see it happen in the first two flights... and I thought... wow the magic easter bunny must have fixed it. But I am way to realistic as an engineer to believe in magic.

Then on my flight back to KSUS I saw a flash of yellow X and took a picture. about 30s later.

This morning I looked at the data log and I can see that the yellow X coresponds to a BLANK in the CSV for %pwr ... in fact it turns out that in 2.5 hours of flying there are six single rows where the csv has a blank.

Before when this was happening I got a minute of yellow x's flashing and being solid. This time it was literally single datapoints.

I know that the %load is a synthetic number derived from an undocumented number of metrics in the system i.e. fuel flow ...

Given the suck sensor situation Im betting one of those sensors is a bit goofy. Which one? Who knows.

If you want I can post the file.

Alan
Boatguy
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Russ
Aircraft Type: DA62
Aircraft Registration: N962M
Airports: KSTS

Post by Boatguy »

gkaplan wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:16 pm I have seen it happen - it's the kind of crazy thing that makes me insane. Alan, next time it happens, can you note the time as close as possible, then take a look at the G1000 data log and see if anything looks suspicious? As I mentioned, at the time it happened, I noticed a single row where the %load (or maybe the RPM) dipped by a single digit. It made me wonder what condition is necessary for the yellow X. If your data also has one row that is unlike the hundred or so surrounding it, maybe that's a clue.
Better yet, download the ECU logs.
alanhawse
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member

Post by alanhawse »

Yes... I need to get the cable.. .but that is what Ill do