4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N233MA
Airports: KMGY

GTX-345R / Garmin Pilot AHRS Issue

Post by Tim H »

My GTX-345R failed and had to be replaced.

After it was replaced, the Attitude Indicator on Garmin Pilot (Android) has a red "X" and the Synthetic Vision screen has an "AHRS FAIL" indication. My G1000 AHRS is working fine. I am assuming GP gets its AHRS data from the GTX-345R.

Does anyone know if there is a setting in the GTX-345R setup to "level" the AHRS? Is that part of the installation process? Could it be so far out of "alignment" that its sending a AHRS failure to GP?

I opened a help ticket with GP (six months ago) and sent them a data log. I followed up 2 months ago but still no response.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!!
smoss
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Steve
Airports: KVGT

Re: GTX-345R / Garmin Pilot AHRS Issue

Post by smoss »

Yes, GP gets the AHRS data as well as ADSB traffic and weather from the GTX. If you are receiving the traffic and weather fine, then sounds like it may be a bum GTX unit. I assume you have tried disconnecting and relinking the bluetooth? I haven't used GP in a while, but in ForeFlight there is indeed a button to relevel the AHRS, there must be as well in GP, but it probably won't show up if you're not getting any AHRS to begin with.
Steve
DA40 XL
mhoran
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Matt
Aircraft Registration: N269RB
Airports: KLDJ

Post by mhoran »

Tim H wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:41 am Does anyone know if there is a setting in the GTX-345R setup to "level" the AHRS? Is that part of the installation process? Could it be so far out of "alignment" that its sending a AHRS failure to GP?
Yes. Unfortunately this can only be done with a tool that is available to Garmin dealers. So you will need to make the trip back to the shop and have them run the calibration process.
Tim H
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Tim
Aircraft Registration: N233MA
Airports: KMGY

Post by Tim H »

Thank you Steve and Matt.

Yes, I've reconnected Bluetooth (several times), reloaded GP, and tried to relevel the AHRS in GP without success.

I'm in touch with the installation shop and they suspect a corrupted file, so back to the shop I go.

Tim