My most recent post has disapeared

A place for you to give us feedback on the site, what's working well, and what other features you'd like to see

Moderators: Rick, Lance Murray

Nigel
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Nigel
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: C-GVFX
Airports: CYTZ, CNK4, KOLE, N56

My most recent post has disapeared

Post by Nigel »

Hey Kai, I posted an Item this evening about the tow bar protecters I mounted on my DA40 but it seems to have disappeared. Any idea what may have happened to it?

Cheers,
Nigel.
Nigel McGrath
C-GVFX DA40-180 SN 40.585 (2005) SOLD in 2013, now based somewhere in California.
I'm STILL in a state of serious withdrawal.

Cell.416-560-0603
Kai
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Kai
Aircraft Type: DA40F
Aircraft Registration: XXXX
Airports: VTCY

Re: My most recent post has disapeared

Post by Kai »

Hello Nigel,

I have deleted the post this morning but didn't have the time yet to explain you my reasons. Your post referred to a product of a former member who was banned for promoting and selling his product on this board. I have asked him a few times not to do that, deleted his post and initially restricted his private messaging functions.

He then posted the same thread again indicating his email as he could not receive private messages anymore to further process his sales. As he blatantly ignored my pleas, he was banned. In the three years of existence of this forum this has happened only twice.

Now you posted pictures of it and added the remark you would gladly pass on the messages to him if anybody was interested. It is hopefully accidental as you might not know the story behind. Nevertheless, the rule on this board are clear: do not promote, sell or advertise. In case of doubt, the interpretation is strict. As you published in your post your email address and offered to pass on any messages of people who are interested, I have no doubt you wanted to help him (selling his product).
DA40F - N405FP/HS-KAI (sold)
Nigel
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Nigel
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: C-GVFX
Airports: CYTZ, CNK4, KOLE, N56

Re: My most recent post has disapeared

Post by Nigel »

Kai wrote:Hello Nigel,

I have deleted the post this morning but didn't have the time yet to explain you my reasons. Your post referred to a product of a former member who was banned for promoting and selling his product on this board. I have asked him a few times not to do that, deleted his post and initially restricted his private messaging functions.

He then posted the same thread again indicating his email as he could not receive private messages anymore to further process his sales. As he blatantly ignored my pleas, he was banned. In the three years of existence of this forum this has happened only twice.

Now you posted pictures of it and added the remark you would gladly pass on the messages to him if anybody was interested. It is hopefully accidental as you might not know the story behind. Nevertheless, the rule on this board are clear: do not promote, sell or advertise. In case of doubt, the interpretation is strict. As you published in your post your email address and offered to pass on any messages of people who are interested, I have no doubt you wanted to help him (selling his product).
Sorry Kai, I didn't know this was an issue. I just wanted a pair of pant protectors and when Dillon was unresponsive I went back to my notes from August and contacted the other vendor.

However, that being said, I always thought a significant power of any forum was to facilitate the flow of information, problems & solutions, including gizmos gadgets and parts, available to, from and between the members.

Based on your reminder about the rule "do not promote, sell or advertise" I'm still confused as to why a member offering a $60 item is any different than one promoting a $20,000 item. (see example attached below)

Personally, I'd like to hear about and have access to, any and all solutions, from a stronger window latch to an awesome supercharger and everything in between.

Of course I know nothing of the specifics in this case nor do I understand the complexities of running an online forum. I bow to your judgement in this instance and thank you for all the great work that you do to keep this forum going.

Cheers,
Nigel.
Attachments
FA posting .tiff
FA posting .tiff (181.97 KiB) Viewed 2603 times
Nigel McGrath
C-GVFX DA40-180 SN 40.585 (2005) SOLD in 2013, now based somewhere in California.
I'm STILL in a state of serious withdrawal.

Cell.416-560-0603