4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: David
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N868US
Airports: KLZU

Re: Best cabin cover?

Post by dmloftus »

Mjwatlanta wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:42 am My DA42 NG will be kept outside because there’s simply no hanger space available in metro Atlanta for quite a while.
Did you check Air Harbor at KLZU? I was able to secure a 45’ hangar immediately from Jimmy when I bought my DA40 in 2020. Originally preferred KPDK, but there was > 5 year wait - now happier to be at KLZU.
BTW, I love my Bruce’s travel cover. Very small and light, and straps can be tightened to avoid it sliding around on the plane in all but the heaviest winds. Best thing is you can take it home and just toss it in the washer so it can always be free from grit that scratches the canopy.
Mjwatlanta
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N161DA
Airports: Kfty

Post by Mjwatlanta »

I have not checked personally but was told by others. KLZU is impossible to get to to from Vinings/BUckhead. At the end of the day, while I think it’s important to keep an airplane inside, it’s way more important to actually fly it. By keeping it at Charlie Brown I can get to it in just a few minutes. I can even take a quick flight at lunch if I want to do touch & goes. So, while I will give up a little bit of safety for the plane, I think I will more than make up for it by having safety as a pilot. At the end of the day, I think we can all agree that the more you fly the safer you are.
krellis
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Keith
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Aircraft Registration: N853DF
Airports: GA04

Post by krellis »

I know it’s a bit of a drive from downtown, but there are a couple of rows of hangars being built at KCCO - Newnan-Coweta County. I know the folks building them from the experimental community, so if you are interested, send me an email.

They are building them under contract I think on a cost plus basis. You would own the hangar and lease the land from the County.

Krea dot Ellis at gmail dot com
Mjwatlanta
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: Michael
Aircraft Type: DA40NG
Aircraft Registration: N161DA
Airports: Kfty

Post by Mjwatlanta »

Update on covers. I added cowling plugs Bruce’s was the only source for the NG plugs. Good fit.
Attachments
0CB603C7-9E18-4324-B564-6EAD76B67A94.jpeg
jwx96
3 Diamonds Member
3 Diamonds Member
First Name: John
Aircraft Type: DA40
Aircraft Registration: N193JP
Airports: KFCM

Post by jwx96 »

I have a Bruce’s cowling cover to help with heating in my unheated during the winter. The fit and quality are very good. The included bag is generously sized. The cover reduces the time needed to heat the engine in the winter and helps retain heat if I have to stop somewhere. I fly down to about 0 F. I don’t have any experience with warranty coverage. It’s disappointing to hear that nirbm01 had a problem.