michael.g.miller
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Mike
Aircraft Type: OTHER
Airports:

Re: Dormant for 30 days

Post by michael.g.miller »

Others have mentioned the battery, I’ll drill it in. Your engines rely on electricity to work. No electricity, no engine. There has been more than 1 accident due to insufficient battery power. Usually this happens when the owner jump starts the plane. They take off, raise the gear, and the electrical system gets overwhelmed. For some reason or another (mis-wiring ECU batteries in the Dallas accident viewtopic.php?t=8675), the engines cannot get sufficient voltage. Then, both engines shut off and all your avionics go black.

If there is any doubt about the charge of the battery, take it out of the plane and charge it. Cheap insurance against an expensive accident.
ememic99
5 Diamonds Member
5 Diamonds Member
First Name: Emir
Aircraft Type: DA42
Aircraft Registration: SEMAD
Airports: LDZA LDVA

Post by ememic99 »

michael.g.miller wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 2:11 pm If there is any doubt about the charge of the battery, take it out of the plane and charge it. Cheap insurance against an expensive accident.
Great advice!
Karl
4 Diamonds Member
4 Diamonds Member
First Name: Karl
Aircraft Type: DA40
Airports:

Post by Karl »

Chris wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:51 pm
Zebedee wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:48 pm Said Diamond switched vendors on the bolts with introduction of the DA50.

If this turns out to be caused by somebody relaxing the specs trying to save a few bucks (euros) per engine, I hope whoever made that decision is no longer working for Austro. It seems more plausible to me that the specs didn't change but that a prior supplier produced higher quality parts than a newer (possibly cheaper) supplier.
Is there any evidence for that or is it just a rumor?